Sorry I’ve been totally MIA these past few days. I moved into my new place on Sunday, and everything has been kind of hectic the past few days. I wanted to write my next post when I had a time to sit down and relax.
I just got the Tron Legacy Reconfigured album today. Super excited about it, I listened to about half of it and I’ll give a review of it tomorrow. I have been trying to avoid other album reviews so I wouldn’t get influenced, but I had to look at one review that just ripped apart the album. Apparently people who are loyal house fans are upset with who was chosen for the remixes and didn’t like the album. I must come from another world, because what I’ve heard so far has been brilliant and fun. I also liked the movie too, which a lot of people didn’t… but whatever. I know what I like, and so far, this album has been a fun roller coaster ride and I will be explaining it all tomorrow after I’ve throughly went through all the tracks.
I missed the Indie Artist Mondays yesterday, I’ll resume again next week. For this post, I’ve been meaning to comment on a “Versatile Blogger Award” I got from The Hook. I would like to thank The Hook for being so supportive of my blog. 🙂 Apparently, when you get one of these you have to name 7 other bloggers and award them, and also list 7 facts about yourself.
I’m going to list blogs that I really enjoy… so here we go! (in no particular order).
1. Female Gazing– I love this feminist blog, about love, sex, feminism and what it’s like to be inside the head of a creative, independent woman.
2.10,000 Startup Hours – David Cummings – An entrepreneur blog, since I’m starting my own music marketing business, this blog has given me some insights about starting my own business.
3. The Reading Date – I commend anyone who attempts to read a large amount of literary work in a short amount of time and still gives solid reviews.
4. My Smiling Heart – I stumbled onto this blog on TinyBuddha. I don’t know anyone this positive. If you want a positive pick-me-up, check out this blog.
5. I Made You A Mixtape – Great taste of music on this blog. And excellent writing.
6. Jenn in Japan – A Japanese school teacher, I started reading her blog after the earthquakes and she has given personal insight on what it’s like to be an American in Japan during these dark times.
7. The (Single) Geek Hiker A very personal and modest blogger, whose writing feels like you’ve stepped inside his head.
And 7 facts about me…
1. I can’t ride a bike, I had a semi-traumatic experience and never rode a bike again, which leads to…
2. I find guys on motorcycles hot. Maybe it’s because I can’t ride a bike and they can ride motorcycles… the danger? I don’t know.
3. I can do anything in the arts. Draw, paint, write, dance, sing, song write, play instruments, just about anything. I even was really good at making clay figures as a kid.
4. I won front row tickets to a Madonna concert by making a rhinestone shirt. I’ve been a fan since 1998, always talked about wanting to be close to Madonna, and I only paid $50 in materials for a shirt for 2 tickets that could have easily sold for $2,000 each. Dreams do come true.
5. I’m scared of elevators. When I was a kid, I had two bad experiences. I try not to think about it much, but elevators freak me out.
6. I enjoy reading books about the human brain and why we do things the way we do. Scientists and musicians are similar. I love Malcom Gladwell books, reading about what makes you happy, and about neuroscience.
7. I can’t take care of plants. The only plant I have is bamboo, because you only need to add water. That’s it. I’ve had my bamboo for over 3 years now.
All right, that took a while! I’m off now, I’ll be back Thanks for reading!